[Online] Peasant Tournaments - December 2016 Nov 14, 2016, 11:20 PM
zombie33 Saturday 26 November : Peasant tournament
* Google Doc : Registration & Pairing
* System of tournament : pool
* First phase - duration : one week
* Second phase - duration : one week

Saturday 03 December : Peasant tournaments - 8 players max
* Google Doc : Registration & Pairing
* Tournament begins at 12:00 - No registration allowed after this deadline.
* Every player can subscribe up to 6 tournaments. The exact number of tournament will depend on the number of registred players.
* Duration : 3 weeks (one game per week per tournament you subscribe)
* End of each tournament : before Christmas.

Tournament's rules / advices :

- Each player must have an account on Woogerworks. Please register before the beginning of the tournament.
- You can't let spectators see yours hands (in game configuration), since it could allow for cheating.
- You must add all the players in the tournament to your buddy list.
- It's an international tournament, so everyone must speak english.
- We play peasant, we are not at the world magic cup, keep it cool.

How does it go ? :

- You must give your hash in this topic when you subscribe.
- Match duration : 1 hour on the cockatrice room time (+5 turns after the time runs out if needed).
- For more informations and rules about the "8 players max" tournaments see the rules ont the google doc.

This will be the last online tournament of 2016 and perhaps the last online tournament with the current ban list E2 (yes, this is a spoiler). Merry Christmas and happy new year everybody.

last page
GalacticPresident Dec 28, 2016, 4:38 PM Billhook tournament is still to be finished, will you guys make it?
@EVERYBODY: AS ALWAYS, PLEASE GO TO "ARCHETYPES" IN THE EXCEL SHEET AND NOTE THE ARCHETYPE YOU PLAYED IN EACH TOURNEY! THANKS!

These decembre tournaments were pretty unsatisfying. The following players didn't even play 1 single match:
SchlauerOpa 0/6
komodo 0/6
valleyey 0/6
They are on the watchlist of being excluded from further participations.

For next year, I think we should not have tournaments so close before christmas. Players who want to play can play casual games, but 32/72 unplayed matches (=56% finished matches) is no tournament material by far.

AbyssalEasley Dec 29, 2016, 3:47 PM I think for next year the 8 men tournaments must pass to 4 rounds, 3 is too few. 1 defeat and/or 1 forced draw and playing other games is totaly uninterresting/useless.
And minimum 4 rounds by tournaments oh et merde traduisez svp : 4 rondes au minimum (5 c'est le top) ça permet de mieux voir ce que vaut un deck face à un plus large choix d'adversaires et d'être moins dépendant de la chance au tirage. Quand t'as un bon deck et qu'en première ronde tu perds sur manadeath la 1 et sortie turbo champagne "je suis archicocu et je t'emmerde" de l'adversaire sur la 2, ton tournoi est quasiment plié malgré les deux autres rondes à jouer. Et ça permet aussi de planter une ronde si t'arrives pas à trouver un créneau pour la partie avec ton adversaire de ladite ronde sans pour autant te flinguer complètement les chances pour ce tournoi.

Manudesbois Dec 29, 2016, 9:27 PM Translation:
4 rounds minimum (5 is the best) it allows to see what the deck is worth against a wider field of opponents and to be less dependant of the luck during the pairings. When you have a good deck and you lose in the first round first game to manadeath and game 2 to turbo-champagne-"I'm overlucky and fuck you"-start from the opponent, your tourney is almost over despite the two other rounds to go. It also allows to sacrifice a round if you don't manage to find a time slot for your round without completely wasting your chances for the tourney.
De rien. Je sais que c'est pas 100% ça mais le gros y est

AbyssalEasley Dec 29, 2016, 9:34 PM Merki

zombie33 Dec 29, 2016, 11:03 PM They will be no swiss tournament in january.

Manudesbois Dec 30, 2016, 1:53 PM However I disagree with you Abyssal. To me what you are describing is what you already have in the pool tournaments : more diverse field of opponents and of decks, more games to play, and more chances when you give away one match (because of bad luck or no availabilities).

Still as far as I'm concerned, I see the 8-man swiss tournaments as tournaments that must be as short as possible, leading to only one winner. I even find that the games should not be played when you lose (since you can't reach the top anymore), and so it would be better to have a single-elimination. This way, people are not engaged in the tournament anymore as soon as they lose one game and there should be less problem with people not playing.

zombie33 Dec 30, 2016, 2:21 PM Please everybody share your decks :

AbyssalEasley : Plough, Billhook, Pickaxe, Axe
Bri : Fork, Scythe, Plough, Billhook, Pickaxe, Axe
Lorebroker : Fork
Manudesbois : Billhook, Pickaxe
m3m3p4sm4l : Plough
Neral : Plough, Axe
Portugais : Fork
sinus : Fork, Scythe, Pickaxe
Sister Morphine : Plough, Axe
Xenowan : Scythe

zombie33 Dec 30, 2016, 2:52 PM

For next year, I think we should not have tournaments so close before christmas

This is not an excuse.
- The tournament should have finished before christmas if everybody play as usual.
- The first round was from 3rd to 10th december and 8 game wasn't played ! It's not about christmas here.

Still as far as I'm concerned, I see the 8-man swiss tournaments as tournaments that must be as short as possible, leading to only one winner. I even find that the games should not be played when you lose (since you can't reach the top anymore), and so it would be better to have a single-elimination. This way, people are not engaged in the tournament anymore as soon as they lose one game and there should be less problem with people not playing.

This could be a solution but only if we are exactly 8 and only if people play their game !

As i said, they will be no swiss tournament in january. I will work on a new google doc in january, i hope this will be ready for february.

Manudesbois Dec 30, 2016, 7:43 PM Manudesbois : Billhook, Pickaxe => I haven't played.

m3m3p4sm4l Jan 2, 2017, 2:13 PM plough :

3 Khalni Garden
14 Forest
3 Kozilek's Predator
4 Nest Invader
4 Silhana Ledgewalker
4 Curse of Predation
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Nettle Sentinel
4 Rancor
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Safehold Elite