[Online] Peasant Tournaments - December 2016 Nov 14, 2016, 11:20 PM
zombie33 Saturday 26 November : Peasant tournament
* Google Doc : Registration & Pairing
* System of tournament : pool
* First phase - duration : one week
* Second phase - duration : one week

Saturday 03 December : Peasant tournaments - 8 players max
* Google Doc : Registration & Pairing
* Tournament begins at 12:00 - No registration allowed after this deadline.
* Every player can subscribe up to 6 tournaments. The exact number of tournament will depend on the number of registred players.
* Duration : 3 weeks (one game per week per tournament you subscribe)
* End of each tournament : before Christmas.

Tournament's rules / advices :

- Each player must have an account on Woogerworks. Please register before the beginning of the tournament.
- You can't let spectators see yours hands (in game configuration), since it could allow for cheating.
- You must add all the players in the tournament to your buddy list.
- It's an international tournament, so everyone must speak english.
- We play peasant, we are not at the world magic cup, keep it cool.

How does it go ? :

- You must give your hash in this topic when you subscribe.
- Match duration : 1 hour on the cockatrice room time (+5 turns after the time runs out if needed).
- For more informations and rules about the "8 players max" tournaments see the rules ont the google doc.

This will be the last online tournament of 2016 and perhaps the last online tournament with the current ban list E2 (yes, this is a spoiler). Merry Christmas and happy new year everybody.

last page
GalacticPresident Dec 14, 2016, 1:49 PM There is no perfect solution for that problem and it will continue to show up unfortunately.
We used the method to give a loss to a player who didn't show up and didn't try to communicate in this forum. I can't think of a better way to address this problem. It seems it wasn't applied this month, I don't know why.
Regarding certain timeframes of working players: I think that should be fine to a certain extent because otherwise our online community will vanish over the next couple of years. Two hours per day should be enough to do 1 match. What I still don't see enough are appointments that are made AT THE BEGINNING OF THE WEEK (myself included).
Players who continue to not show up at tournament they subscribed to are being banned from future tournaments. Since this is our hobby, the rule is applied not very strictly. Also, there has to be someone who spends time doing all that...

Vlalutscher Dec 14, 2016, 2:03 PM @Zombie: No big deal! I can totally understand that! Unfortunately I can't be online tonight, because I'm going to the premiere of Star Wars right after work. So it will be even later when I come home. Woogerworks has been down th whole morning, so I couldn't log in to tell you on cocka.

sister_morphine Dec 14, 2016, 2:31 PM

We used the method to give a loss to a player who didn't show up and didn't try to communicate in this forum. I can't think of a better way to address this problem.

- Exactly! Temporary bannings or negative leaguepoints would do nothing in my oppinion since usually it's not the regular players who don't show up (a tautology, I know, that makes it even more true).

Considering that Abyssal and I tried really hard to make an appointment and simply couldn't find a solution the tie with him seems actually fair to me - in comparison at least. So I take back what I posted in that matter recently and apologize for complaining.

zombie33 Dec 14, 2016, 4:17 PM Star wars is fucking great ! Just see the movie.

zombie33 Dec 14, 2016, 4:26 PM

yeah it simply feels not fair, if someone never shows up to get a tie and nearly being unable to win the tournament (especially, if u get paired to a guy who lost the round before!)

If you have a tie in the first round then 2 victory, you will be in mtg peasant too. The limit is : 7 points.

Lorebroker Dec 14, 2016, 6:35 PM The list I posted was mixed up in the posting on this side. The sideboard cards are in the main! I posted them separated from each other!

zombie33 Dec 14, 2016, 7:01 PM @Lorebroker You must upload your deck like this :

4 Vault Skirge
4 Hopeful Eidolon
2 Thraben Inspector
1 Benevolent Bodyguard
4 Lone Rider
1 Ajani's Pridemate
2 Standard Bearer
4 Kor Skyfisher
2 Loyal Cathar
4 Squadron Hawk
3 Bonesplitter
4 Mutagenic Growth
2 Mana Tithe
4 Journey to Nowhere
15 Plains
4 Radiant Fountain
SB: 2 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 2 Sunlance
SB: 1 Circle of Protection: Green
SB: 1 Circle of Protection: Red
SB: 2 Fragmentize
SB: 1 Dawn Charm
SB: 1 Gilded Light
SB: 1 Prismatic Strands
SB: 1 Obsidian Acolyte
SB: 1 Dust to Dust
SB: 1 Celestial Flare
SB: 1 Lapse of Certainty

Lorebroker Dec 15, 2016, 12:15 AM ah ok, I'll know now for the next time. Sorry.

Bri Dec 15, 2016, 8:15 PM @Zombie

If you have a tie in the first round then 2 victory, you will be in mtg peasant too. The limit is : 7 points.

good to know, this is something completely different then -> good solution!

Vlalutscher Dec 15, 2016, 11:20 PM @Zombie: I'm online right now and try to be tomorrow in the late morning.