[Online] Peasant Tournaments - December 2016 Nov 14, 2016, 11:20 PM
zombie33 Saturday 26 November : Peasant tournament
* Google Doc : Registration & Pairing
* System of tournament : pool
* First phase - duration : one week
* Second phase - duration : one week

Saturday 03 December : Peasant tournaments - 8 players max
* Google Doc : Registration & Pairing
* Tournament begins at 12:00 - No registration allowed after this deadline.
* Every player can subscribe up to 6 tournaments. The exact number of tournament will depend on the number of registred players.
* Duration : 3 weeks (one game per week per tournament you subscribe)
* End of each tournament : before Christmas.

Tournament's rules / advices :

- Each player must have an account on Woogerworks. Please register before the beginning of the tournament.
- You can't let spectators see yours hands (in game configuration), since it could allow for cheating.
- You must add all the players in the tournament to your buddy list.
- It's an international tournament, so everyone must speak english.
- We play peasant, we are not at the world magic cup, keep it cool.

How does it go ? :

- You must give your hash in this topic when you subscribe.
- Match duration : 1 hour on the cockatrice room time (+5 turns after the time runs out if needed).
- For more informations and rules about the "8 players max" tournaments see the rules ont the google doc.

This will be the last online tournament of 2016 and perhaps the last online tournament with the current ban list E2 (yes, this is a spoiler). Merry Christmas and happy new year everybody.

last page
zombie33 Dec 12, 2016, 6:24 PM Strange, you have still the opportunity to win the tournament with a draw... But ok.

Lorebroker Dec 13, 2016, 4:29 PM In the pickaxe-tourney the second round-pairings of those who drew are the same as the first round-pairings.
Is that intentional? What if they draw again, because on of each pairings does not show up again?

zombie33 Dec 13, 2016, 5:19 PM This is a mistake, but doesn't really matter because Manu drop.

Lorebroker Dec 13, 2016, 7:02 PM So the pairing of the third round are legit?

Lorebroker Dec 13, 2016, 7:54 PM Pickaxe:

Lonesome Rider

4 Vault Skirge
4 Hopeful Eidolon
2 Thraben Inspector
1 Benevolent Bodyguard
4 Lone Rider
1 Ajani's Pridemate
2 Standard Bearer
4 Kor Skyfisher
2 Loyal Cathar
4 Squadron Hawk
3 Bonesplitter
4 Mutagenic Growth
2 Mana Tithe
4 Journey to Nowhere
15 Plains
4 Radiant Fountain

Sideboard
2 Relic of Progenitus
2 Sunlance
1 Circle of Protection: Green
1 Circle of Protection: Red
2 Fragmentize
1 Dawn Charm
1 Gilded Light
1 Prismatic Strands
1 Obsidian Acolyte
1 Dust to Dust
1 Celestial Flare
1 Lapse of Certainty

(What a strange tourney...)

Vlalutscher Dec 14, 2016, 12:03 AM @Zombie: I'm here!

sister_morphine Dec 14, 2016, 8:37 AM @Abyssal: I am perfectly aware of my privilege that working at home most of the time gives me more room to play. But still, having a live and all, an unflexible two hour window is to small for me to fit in, sorry. No hard feelings, anyway.

@orga: I still don't see why it has to be a tie for all the players vs. valleyey (including me in the near future). He simply never showed up. :-(

zombie33 Dec 14, 2016, 10:47 AM Sorry vlalutscher i fall asleep yesterday. Too tired.

Bri Dec 14, 2016, 12:04 PM yeah it simply feels not fair, if someone never shows up to get a tie and nearly being unable to win the tournament (especially, if u get paired to a guy who lost the round before!)

Bri Dec 14, 2016, 12:29 PM and 1/3 of the games being tied in the first round is way too much! This leads to unmotivated players, not meaningful statistics and will result in a decline of participation. Sorry for double posting, but this would be sad.
I don't know how to fight this, because it's hard to say if someone was online or not. But maybe there should be some kind of penalty, if players have a certain % of ties (=unplayed matches, because they did not show up) in a tournament. Players, who were clearly available and still have those % because of inactive opponents, should ofc not be punished (i know this one is a bit tricky, but to be honest almost always the same ppl don't show up)
A potential penalty could be some minus league points (and also register negative league points) and/or temporary bans (i am no fan of this, but we need to change this situation somehow)
In case for the small 3-Round tournaments, if there would be a tie and it's clearly the fault of 1 player, there should be a loss for him, instead of a tie (this was already the case, at least sometimes in the past. So we need a clear rule, what to do in this case)