[Online] Cockatrice Tournament - 2015-09-12 Sep 8, 2015, 9:44 PM
zombie33 Software : Cockatrice !
Beginning : Saturday 12th September
Approximative duration : 1 week (first phase) + 1 week (final phase)

Tournament's rules / advices :

- Each player must have an account on Woogerworks. Please register, before the beginning of the tournament. (if you disconnect without having an account, it's game lost)
- You can't let spectators see yours hands (in game configuration). Indeed some cheat is possible in that way.
- Add all the players of the tournament, on your buddy list.
- We play peasant, be cool with your opponent, we are not at the world magic cup

How does it go ? :

- Match duration : 1 hour on cockatrice timer + 5 additional turn.
- It's an international tournament so, everybody must speak english on this topic.
- You subscribe by putting your cockatrice nickname with the hash of your deck on the google document. How can i find my hash ?
- Your opponent's list will be on the Google Doc. You can used this topic to fix a meeting for your game.
- After each game, results must be write on the Google document and on this topic.
- The final step is a pool composed of the 8 best players of the first phase.

GOOGLE DOC : INSCRIPTION, RESULTS AND PAIRING

We hope to read some report after the end of the tournament and don't forget to give your decklist at the end of the tournament if you are on the final phase.

Nota : This tournament will use the new mulligan rule !

Good luck everyone and enjoy your tournament !

last page
Max2070 Sep 26, 2015, 2:11 PM hi all, the tournament is over for me, I was playing the deck I played at the CDF (Delver FTW), with raptor instead Delver. My overall score on this tournament is 8 wins, 3 loose, 1 draw.

I loose against :
- MBD devotion, tight MU but in favor of devotion
- MGA, I can win this MU, it greatly depend of the beginning of both player
- Heroic, can't win against that deck.

The deck

2 Mishra's Factory
16 Island
2 Porcelain Legionnaire
3 Ninja of the Deep Hours
4 Phantasmal Bear
1 Spell Snare
2 Mental Misstep
3 Piracy Charm
3 Vapor Snag
4 Counterspell
4 Daze
4 Preordain
3 Gush
3 Brainstorm
4 Cloudfin Raptor
1 Frostburn Weird
1 Skywatcher Adept
SB: 2 Stormbound Geist
SB: 2 Gut Shot
SB: 4 Steel Sabotage
SB: 1 Withdraw
SB: 2 Deep Analysis
SB: 2 Echoing Truth
SB: 1 Negate
SB: 1 Spell Pierce

bobelou Sep 27, 2015, 11:01 AM >luka If you read this message, i will be connected today in the end of afternoon (around 17/18h) until 22/23h

See you for our last game!

Manudesbois Sep 27, 2015, 11:39 AM And I am available now myself, and surely at the end of the day

GalacticPresident Sep 27, 2015, 7:54 PM I was fortunate enough to win with Heroic, here's the decklist:

19 Plains
4 Lagonna-Band Trailblazer
4 Favored Hoplite
1 Flickering Ward
4 Akroan Skyguard
4 Gods Willing
2 Defiant Strike
2 Pollen Remedy
4 Hyena Umbra
4 Ethereal Armor
1 Cho-Manno's Blessing
3 Heliod's Pilgrim
1 Lifelink
3 Benevolent Bodyguard
2 Gitaxian Probe
1 Bonds of Faith
1 Shelter
SB: 2 Pollen Remedy
SB: 4 Standard Bearer
SB: 2 Gut Shot
SB: 1 Bonds of Faith
SB: 3 Beckon Apparition
SB: 1 Stasis Cocoon
SB: 1 Celestial Flare

1 Dawn Charm from my SB somehow vanished right before I started the tournament, you can add it to the deck for publication reasons if you want.

I lost against reanimator/eldrazi ramp with songs of the damned and life combo.

charlee Sep 28, 2015, 9:36 AM This is impressive.
Would you please sum up your wins and losses? Especially your wins vs black decks.

Manudesbois Sep 28, 2015, 10:07 AM I have saved my games so I can tell vs my black deck

GalacticPresident Sep 28, 2015, 10:57 AM Here's all my results:

Group phase 4-1:
2-0 Trinket Rack
1-2 Ramp/Reanimator
2-1 Thopter Foundry
2-1 Grixis Control (Counterbalance, Sphinx Tutelage)
2-0 Dimir Infect

Final Pool 4-1:
2-0 Delver FTW without Delver
2-0 U Infect
2-1 MBC Devotion
0-2 Lifegain Combo
2-1 Stompy

charlee Sep 28, 2015, 1:38 PM Sorry, I didn't tell it clearly : I was asking you for short reports.
How or why did you win against all those decks ?

GalacticPresident Sep 28, 2015, 6:11 PM Ok, let's see what I can remember...
Trinket Rack:
My big dude is faster than the Rack, didn't get hit by an unfortunate Hymn and it was pretty clear. Don't know if his draws were below average, but he got to bounce my guy with Aether Spellbomb both games, which is his best way of interacting. Wasn't enough though.

Thopter:
G1 is was fast, he didn't have a lot of removal and didn't get Foundry out fast.
G2 he drew 3 Innocent Blood and other removal/counters, his combo had enough time then.
G3 was close, he lost because of being impatient. It went forth and back, he drew a lot of edicts and stuff. Midgame, he tapped out with combo and I got him with Beckon Apparition. 2 Turns later he had the combo again and tapped out again while I was tapped out, no respect for Faerie Macabre. I didn't have it though and his combo was online, but I managed to get a Flickering Ward on my 10/11 Favored Hoplite, so the lifegain wasn't enough.

Grixis Control:
One game he had early Counterbalance online, which won him the game. The other 2 games, my protection spells did work, I managed to get a beater online, protect it from his removal and... won. Can't really remember any details.

MBC Devotion:
We both won 1 game fairly easily, the 3rd game was something. Our spells neutralized each other and we sat there staring at each other, me with an about 12/16 lifelinking Logonna Band (too big for Tragic Slip) without protection, he with an Order of the Ebon Hand. Before that he topdecked I think 3 times, always finding a chump blocker for my lethal attacker until he found Order. Then he hoped to draw Gatekeeper and I hoped to draw protection until I found Heliod's Pilgrim at some point and won. Turn... 15 approximately.

Dimir Infect:
Was an experimental build, he didn't get past my protection dudes once he ran out of his conditional counterspells.

DFTW without Delver:
My curve is too low to tempo me out and again, protection goes a long way, especially against a mono colored deck.

U Infect:
Again, as soon as one of my creatures sticks in play, he's in trouble. Although he kind of misplayed G2 which would have likely won him the game, as it later turned out.

Stompy:
Very close, if he has a good start, his pump spells can be fast enough. G1 he had perfect draw with double Vines and double Aspect of Hydra. G2 I had 1 land and 2 Standard Bearer in hand and decided to keep. Drew my 2nd land T3, he killed it with Gut Shot, when I had 2nd Bearer out and Skyguard as blocker, I was at 6 life, at 4 he could've killed me. Then I got the Lifelink aura and it was over, but extremely close. G3 his draw was too bad.

In general the deck turned out to be reasonably effective against control, because 1 creature is enough to kill them quite fast and at the same time I play a lot of protection spells. Also, the game is not over if my best attacker gets removed, there is a real chance to come back. Against aggro it's close, as I'm generally slower, susceptible to chump blockers and I don't play 4 Hopeful Eidolons, unlike Pilota. Against Hussar, I cannot win, also against combo (life, Ivy, High Tide) it is very unlikely.
As it's an unknown deck, it's not easy to play against it, more than one opponent didn't notice first strike, which both auras give, it was quite the blowout.

Manudesbois Sep 28, 2015, 8:15 PM Trinket Rack :
G1 I kept a hand that was mull-able (3 creatures, 4 lands) and had nothing to take care of creatures, and too little discard... that loss is on me
G2 I mull down to 5 because of two 1-land hands. I take care of a 3/3 and he runs out of fuel so the board is stabilized for a few turns, but due to my mulligans, I can't take good advantage of my racks. Finally two 3/x pro-blacks seal the deal in the last turn, so very close game.