[Online] 2017 Peasant Masters Dec 30, 2017, 3:26 PM
Manudesbois Hello players!

The time has come! The league is now finished and we know (almost) all the participants to the 2017 Peasant Masters!

Link to the tournament

As discussed previously (Link to the discussion), before starting the tournament, I will first ask all players to send me their decklists by private message and hash for confirmation. The decklist will not be visible, but the archetype will be shared to all players before the beginning of the matches (and after I receive all decklists).

The people concerned are:
1- GalacticPresident
2- zombie33
3- Bri
4- Vlalutscher
5- zebigcoconut
6- Toufmade
7- zeroxceet
8- Willow
9- Lorebroker (I don't have an answer from Toufmade yet, so if there is no answer within a few days, you will play instead of him)

Congratulations to all of you, this was not easy

The rules are the following :

- Allow spectators, but do not allow them to see hands or to chat
- Free choice of deck
- One full month to finish (in order not to disturb the other tourneys and to deal with unavailabilities)

Phase 1 : 2 pools of 4 players. the pools are meant to be balanced, and at the same time to give easier pairings to people with higher rankings in the league.
- 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th play together, and 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th (in case Toufmade doesn't play, the 7th becomes 6th and so on)
- 1 hour per game + 5 additional turns, donâ??t slow play
- best of 3 (=>2 games won give you the win)
- The best two players qualify for phase 2
- Who starts is decided by the toss
- Tie breakers : 1) games won - games lost 2) games won (counting only games between tied players) - games lost (counting only games between tied players) 3) in case there is a perfect tie between players (ex: A1 2-0 A2, A2 2-0 A3, A3 2-0 A1, and all three win 2-0 vs A4), I will decide what to do. I think the quicker is the best, so 1 additional game with sideboard between tied players, until there is no tie. If it takes too long, I will find another way.

Phase 2 : Semi-finals and finals (and optional 3rd place match)
- No draw, so unlimited time but donâ??t abuse
- the 1st of pool A (respectively pool B) plays against the 2nd of pool B (resp. pool A) and wins the toss (he chooses who plays first).

Thank you! And enjoy your matches I will let you know when it starts, but you can start sending decklists.

last page
Manudesbois Jan 1, 2018, 3:28 PM Please send me your decklists by private message before saturday!

Vlalutscher Jan 1, 2018, 8:51 PM What happens, if I lose to sinus in the final of Dark Grey tournament of december?
Does it already count for 2018? If not, it should count for 2017 and sinus would probably be 9th.
I just don't want to have any confussions about it, so I'm asking.

Manudesbois Jan 1, 2018, 9:10 PM You are right. Zombie told me everyone was ok for having Dark Grey and Cornflowers count for 2018 "because it doesn't change anything", so I didn't think more. But maybe the Toufmade matter made a difference, so if any of you want it to count for 2017, it seems ok to me (tournament of december should count for december) as long as you play it quick. I will ask for zombie's opinion. Cornflowers will count for 2018 anyways because started too late.

GalacticPresident Jan 2, 2018, 12:50 PM It should not be my call because sinus is a friend of mine but a decembre tournament that was finished on Jan 1st should definitely count for 2017. There was not a single month where all tourneys were finished within the month and any other decision would open a world where players can mess with results by not showing up in time. That's just my point of view- zombie will decide!

Manudesbois Jan 2, 2018, 1:00 PM I fully agree with you. Leaving the possibility of delaying a match to have it count for january is messed up

zombie33 Jan 2, 2018, 2:08 PM It will count for 2017 (i put it on 31/12)

Manudesbois Jan 2, 2018, 2:16 PM Thank you zombie

Manudesbois Jan 3, 2018, 11:34 AM I have got news from Toufmade and he is in! So the whole top8 will compete! Sorry for sinus and Lorebroker

Manudesbois Jan 6, 2018, 6:32 PM Hi guys, just to let you know, I have 7 decklists out of 8, so we should be able to start very soon
Just waiting for the last one

Manudesbois Jan 8, 2018, 6:36 PM The tournament should be starting in the middle of the week, so I hope you are all ready to get it started