[Online] 2016 Peasant Play-Offs Jan 8, 2017, 8:53 PM
Manudesbois Following the idea of sister morphine (here ) , I suggest to the top 8 players of 2016â??s league to take part in a special tournament only between them.

The aim is to make the league more appealing for players, by giving access to a tournament between the best at the end of the year. Also, it is interesting for spectators to watch the best players of the year play together.

So people of the top 8 (rankings here ), please register in the following doc :

2016 Peasant Play-Offs

If you are not available or do not wish to play for any reason, please notice me, and the 9th player will take your seat (and so on). If I have no answer, it will be automatic.

Since there is no perfect way to choose which system to use, sorry for those who donâ??t like it or would have preferred it some other way. Here is what I came with for the details :
- Allow spectators, but do not allow them to see hands or to chat
- Play with the new banlist
- Aether revolt allowed
- Free choice of deck, give hash as usual
- One full month to finish (in order not to disturb the other tourneys and to deal with unavailabilities)

Phase 1 : the pools are meant to be balanced, and at the same time to give easier pairings to people with higher rankings in the league.
- 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th play together, and 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th.
- 1 hour per game, donâ??t slow play
- The winner of each pool accesses to phase 2
- Tie breakers : 1) game wins â?? game losses (all matches included)
2) game wins â?? game losses (counting only matches between tied players)
3) play again against tied opponents (1 game only, pre-sideboard)

Phase 2 :
- No draw, so unlimited time but donâ??t abuse

last page
Manudesbois Jan 28, 2017, 10:53 AM Thanks also for posting your decklist if you are 3rd or 4th of your pool.

zombie33 Jan 28, 2017, 11:18 AM One more question... Did we keep the result of this pool for the finale pool in the case of a 4 qualified players ?

Manudesbois Jan 28, 2017, 11:28 AM I'd prefer semi-finals and final to have a true final.

zombie33 Jan 28, 2017, 11:34 AM Mmmh ok. And how we choose the best 2 of the first pool if galactic will win his three match for example ?

zombie33 Jan 28, 2017, 11:35 AM I think if they are one guy with 9 points in each pool, we can go directly to the finale with them

Manudesbois Jan 28, 2017, 12:15 PM

Mmmh ok. And how we choose the best 2 of the first pool if galactic will win his three match for example ?

depends the score obviously. But if it's the same for the three of you, you 3 will have to play one more game (not match) against each other, and we will add up the results to the goal average count. It's the only issue I can think of.

Manudesbois Jan 28, 2017, 12:31 PM It may lead to another tie, so replay 1 game (main deck since the several re-plays are separated) between the people still concerned until there is no tie :'

sister_morphine Jan 28, 2017, 5:42 PM

I'd prefer semi-finals and final to have a true final.

this puts my oppinion on this in a nutshell

Max2070 Jan 29, 2017, 5:19 PM

But if it's the same for the three of you, you 3 will have to play one more game (not match) against each other, and we will add up the results to the goal average count. It's the only issue I can think of.

wtf

Manudesbois Jan 29, 2017, 6:15 PM Everybody agrees, so we are going to have semi-finals and a final