[Online] 2016 Peasant Play-Offs Jan 8, 2017, 8:53 PM
Manudesbois Following the idea of sister morphine (here ) , I suggest to the top 8 players of 2016â??s league to take part in a special tournament only between them.

The aim is to make the league more appealing for players, by giving access to a tournament between the best at the end of the year. Also, it is interesting for spectators to watch the best players of the year play together.

So people of the top 8 (rankings here ), please register in the following doc :

2016 Peasant Play-Offs

If you are not available or do not wish to play for any reason, please notice me, and the 9th player will take your seat (and so on). If I have no answer, it will be automatic.

Since there is no perfect way to choose which system to use, sorry for those who donâ??t like it or would have preferred it some other way. Here is what I came with for the details :
- Allow spectators, but do not allow them to see hands or to chat
- Play with the new banlist
- Aether revolt allowed
- Free choice of deck, give hash as usual
- One full month to finish (in order not to disturb the other tourneys and to deal with unavailabilities)

Phase 1 : the pools are meant to be balanced, and at the same time to give easier pairings to people with higher rankings in the league.
- 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th play together, and 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th.
- 1 hour per game, donâ??t slow play
- The winner of each pool accesses to phase 2
- Tie breakers : 1) game wins â?? game losses (all matches included)
2) game wins â?? game losses (counting only matches between tied players)
3) play again against tied opponents (1 game only, pre-sideboard)

Phase 2 :
- No draw, so unlimited time but donâ??t abuse

last page
zombie33 Jan 25, 2017, 3:05 PM Well to resume : the probability that the entire tournament could be unfair at some point for selected a winner is :

with option A : 0.90
with option B : 0.82
with option C : 0.51

Where C is basically option B with an additionnal game if the score in the finale pool are : 6 6 3 3

Manudesbois Jan 25, 2017, 10:44 PM You're not taking into account draws, and you judge that 2-0 is no better than 2-1 or 1-0. That's not so easy to me.

I'm not against it though, if the 4 people concerned all send me a private message to say they are ok with it.

zombie33 Jan 26, 2017, 8:22 AM Well the draws are very rare when bri don't play
I don't have the time to do the math with the different score : 2-0 ; 2-1 ; 1-0 (furthermore i'm sure it would be false if i suppose an equiprobability for this)

Manudesbois Jan 26, 2017, 9:27 PM Who is interested in playing more than one round in case of qualification to phase 2 (and maybe letting more people qualify to phase 2)? I don't like changing the rules in the middle of the tournament, but if everybody "potentially qualified" is OK, I have something fair in mind for phase 2. I prefer to keep it secret though.

This would mean 1 or 2 more rounds / more games.

- zombie33
- Max2070

Max2070 Jan 26, 2017, 10:06 PM ok, toufmade and will play soon if people want to see

Toufmade Jan 26, 2017, 10:07 PM I think it's better if the two better player in each pool go in final round !

Manudesbois Jan 26, 2017, 11:08 PM - zombie33
- Max2070
- Toufmade

zombie33 Jan 27, 2017, 4:40 PM What do you think about just playing a pool of 8 players ? Isn't it the simplest solution of the problem ?

GalacticPresident Jan 27, 2017, 5:06 PM I am fine with every solution. Pool system has only 1 more round compared to semi finals and finals... and it would be the fairest I guess.
I am now going to be online again btw... sorry for my absence!

Manudesbois Jan 28, 2017, 10:50 AM OK thanks for your answer, I'm waiting for the agreement of everyone and I'll add one or two matches if appropriate.