[Online] 2016 Peasant Play-Offs Jan 8, 2017, 8:53 PM
Manudesbois Following the idea of sister morphine (here ) , I suggest to the top 8 players of 2016â??s league to take part in a special tournament only between them.

The aim is to make the league more appealing for players, by giving access to a tournament between the best at the end of the year. Also, it is interesting for spectators to watch the best players of the year play together.

So people of the top 8 (rankings here ), please register in the following doc :

2016 Peasant Play-Offs

If you are not available or do not wish to play for any reason, please notice me, and the 9th player will take your seat (and so on). If I have no answer, it will be automatic.

Since there is no perfect way to choose which system to use, sorry for those who donâ??t like it or would have preferred it some other way. Here is what I came with for the details :
- Allow spectators, but do not allow them to see hands or to chat
- Play with the new banlist
- Aether revolt allowed
- Free choice of deck, give hash as usual
- One full month to finish (in order not to disturb the other tourneys and to deal with unavailabilities)

Phase 1 : the pools are meant to be balanced, and at the same time to give easier pairings to people with higher rankings in the league.
- 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th play together, and 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th.
- 1 hour per game, donâ??t slow play
- The winner of each pool accesses to phase 2
- Tie breakers : 1) game wins â?? game losses (all matches included)
2) game wins â?? game losses (counting only matches between tied players)
3) play again against tied opponents (1 game only, pre-sideboard)

Phase 2 :
- No draw, so unlimited time but donâ??t abuse

last page
Manudesbois Jan 10, 2017, 8:56 PM The most annoying is to record the video, because the files of cockatrice are not actual videos, they are just logs of what has happened in the game, that cockatrice can read to display them as if they were videos.

So you have to replay the game, and let VLC record your screen activity to make it an actual video.

Vlalutscher Jan 11, 2017, 12:02 AM It would be awesome, if the matches would be recorded and put on youtube.

sister_morphine Jan 11, 2017, 8:59 AM Since the latest update the 'replay'-function of cocka seems to bug, at least I can't use it anymore. Besides that the idea of recording the matches is nice (there's no legal problem with that, no?).
If recording for and uploding on youtube is too much effort, we could also collect the replay-files of cocka to one zip-file and make it available here.

Manudesbois Jan 15, 2017, 11:38 AM Sorry I meant start on january 21st and end of phase 1 on february 11th! Still you can anticipate your games if it doesn't disturb your planning of other tournaments.

Manudesbois Jan 19, 2017, 6:59 PM Hey guys, the playoffs can begin! Since the pool tournament of january is over, there is room for the battle of the stars

Start thinking of your list and post your hash

Max2070 Jan 23, 2017, 9:08 PM would be better to have two qualified by pool like masters in tennis, no ?

Manudesbois Jan 23, 2017, 9:19 PM I prefered only one match because I didn't want players not participating because of lack of time. Not being sure how much everyone was available, you know, I tried to find the middle way regarding the number of matches.

I'm glad to see the matches are going fast in the pool B. Not that much in the pool A but that's not a problem, no pressure

However, can you guys post when you plan to play, so people can watch if interested
(Am I the only one or...?)

Max2070 Jan 25, 2017, 1:04 PM ok I see. But if everybody agree, I think we should qualify Two guy instead of 1. Moreover if there is two guys at 6 points. It would be sad to qualify only one guy on the diff ... (if there are several 2nd execo, there will be a lucky rescued, not a problem).

And it would add more "show" !

what do you think guys ?

zombie33 Jan 25, 2017, 2:21 PM Options A : Take the 1st of each pool
Option B : Take 1st and 2nd of each pool

If i class the points of each players (excluding draws) they are 4 possibility :
1) 9 6 3 0 -> A & B are both good
2) 9 3 3 3 -> A better
3) 6 6 3 3 -> B better
4) 6 6 6 0 -> None of the two are better.

Here the probability :
1) 12/64
2) 8/64
3) 24/64
4) 20/64

So option B looks better than A but still failed to be fair with probability 28/64

zombie33 Jan 25, 2017, 2:25 PM Sorry for the miscalculation :

Here the correct probability :
1) 12/64
2) 8/64
3) 36/64
4) 8/64

So option B is better than A but still failed to be fair with probability 1/4