[MBT] Massive Battery of Tests Apr 25, 2017, 3:38 PM
zombie33 I will introduce you the MBT  : The massive battery of tests.

This is the second MBT of peasant (you can see results of the first one from 2013 here. Some voluntiers will play a high number of game with predefine decks in order to determine the best decks of the format and the good or bad match up of every decks. Everyone can participate to this MBT.

Phase 1  :
* Debate to define the main decklist of 5 archetypes of the format  :
Faeries, Wellspring, Affinity Atog, MBC Devotion, UB Thopter
* Playtests main deck with the 5 list define previously - every match at least 10 times OTP and OTD (200 games)

Phase 2  :
* Debate to define the main decklist of 5 other archetypes of the format  :
MGA, Burn, MWC, Arcane Tide, Gx Tron
* Playtests main deck with the 10 list define previously (700 games)

Phase 3  :
* Update some decklist or add some new deck to the MBT.
* Think about the best Sideboard for each decklist.

MBT - Google Doc

The google doc contain three sheet :
- Data (playtest)  : This is where every gamer will fill the google doc with results.
- MBT results  : Table of statistics and results
- Specific deck  : More informations related to a specific deck, this is where you can find the decklist used for each deck.

last page
Manudesbois Apr 29, 2017, 12:56 PM Still about MBC's dead weight : since we are not splashing here, maybe it's a good idea giving up the wellspring matchup, which we will lose anyway without splashing, so it's not so bad playing dead weight in favor of other matchups.

zombie33 Apr 29, 2017, 1:31 PM what about another oubliette ?

Manudesbois Apr 30, 2017, 4:25 PM Actually, I forgot about the full black version of the deck, but Desert seems a good addition to me, and therefore a few cards can be adjusted to reduce the black mana requirements.

zombie33 Apr 30, 2017, 5:23 PM we are closed to the deadline, so the best would be to give a full alternartive decklist if you want some change

zombie33 May 3, 2017, 4:03 PM The test just start ! Be free to fill the google doc.
The decklist are on the google doc.

zeroxceet May 4, 2017, 4:32 PM Je pinaille mais si c'est pas compliqué a programmer, peux tu " noircir " les cases des matchs miroirs ?

zombie33 May 6, 2017, 11:47 PM What do you think about those lists

Elves

3 Llanowar Elves
3 Fyndhorn Elves
3 Elvish Mystic
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Elvish Vanguard
4 Timberwatch Elf
3 Lys Alana Huntmaster
4 Nettle Sentinel
4 Birchlore Rangers
4 Quirion Ranger
3 Multani's Acolyte
1 Imperious Perfect
3 Might of the Masses
14 Forest

Arcane Tide

18 Island
1 Petals of Insight
4 Ideas Unbound
4 High Tide
4 Merchant Scroll
4 Psychic Puppetry
1 Dampen Thought
4 Peer Through Depths
4 Ponder
4 Reach Through Mists
4 Brainstorm
4 Preordain
1 Stream of Consciousness
2 Pieces of the Puzzle
1 Oona's Grace

MWC

2 Sylvok Lifestaff
1 Guardian of the Guildpact
2 Lone Missionary
3 Icatian Javelineers
4 Kor Skyfisher
4 Sky Hussar
4 Squadron Hawk
4 Standard Bearer
4 Suture Priest
4 Thraben Inspector
1 Palace Jailer
2 Oblivion Ring
3 Journey to Nowhere
1 Faith's Fetters
13 Plains
2 Radiant Fountain
1 Kabira Crossroads
3 Desert
2 Azorius Chancery

Burn

2 Forgotten Cave
17 Mountain
3 Volcanic Fallout
4 Keldon Marauders
4 Thermo-Alchemist
2 Skullcrack
3 Fireblast
3 Manamorphose
3 Searing Blaze
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Needle Drop
3 Forked Bolt
4 Chain Lightning
4 Lava Spike

MGA

4 Quirion Ranger
4 Nettle Sentinel
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
4 Young Wolf
2 Garruk's Companion
2 Strangleroot Geist
4 Vault Skirge
4 Nest Invader
4 Rancor
3 Gaea's Anthem
3 Vines of Vastwood
2 Aspect of Hydra
2 Hunger of the Howlpack
18 Forest

Infect

1 Pendelhaven
15 Forest
1 Llanowar Augur
2 Necropede
4 Blight Mamba
4 Glistener Elf
4 Ichorclaw Myr
3 Lotus Petal
4 Rancor
4 Seal of Strength
1 Giant Growth
2 Mental Misstep
3 Mutagenic Growth
4 Apostle's Blessing
4 Invigorate
4 Vines of Vastwood

Vlalutscher May 7, 2017, 3:55 AM I would suggest to replace 1x Pieces of the puzzle for 1x Pore over the pages in Arcane Tide.
I think the upsides outweigh the drawback of being UC and not being castable by your turn 3 OTP.
The UC only costa 1x MM in the sideboard, what is negligible in my opinion.
There are even more possibilities to make some changes, if you look at my other list(s), but in fact that is a very common and solide/good one.

I also like the infect list. Maybe you could argue playing 1x Become Immense/Might of old Krosa instead of 1x MM, but free protection can be so important, so no need for any changes. Also Groundswell could be played instead of Giant Growth, but I'm not really a big fan of Landfall here. I tested Larger than life once and it felt quite nice because of the trample.

Bri May 8, 2017, 2:18 AM I think i like bonesplitter more than Sylvok lifestaff in MWC, because u already have a lot of lifegain.

MGA seems fine

No Miracle for Burn seems quite odd - i would definetively play some, same like i would play a 1of Dangerous Wager.
I would cut 1 needle drop, 1 manamorphose, 1 forked bolt and maybe 1 keldon marauder to add 3 miracles.

B4L4 May 9, 2017, 11:14 AM The Elf list contains 61 cards.
As discussed with Toufmade (https://tinyurl.com/k444q4y), the first card to cut to go down to 60 should be a Multani's Acolyte (which is kinda bad when drawing multiple copies anyway).

On a more personnal note regarding the Elf list, i think Gaea's Anthem should be played at least as a 1 of (instead of Imperious), maybe as a 2 of. Imperious Perfect has more versatility than Anthem (being an elf & providing a nice board-presence after a sweeper), but the fact the Anthem is really hard to remove for our opponent is more important I think.

3 Might of the Masses seems a bit high (personnal taste), i would add another Fyndhorn Elves for consistency (which is the greatest strengh of Elf aggro combined with its raw power & potential for T3/T4 kills).

-----------------------

About Arcane Tide :
The 4x Ponder list aims at optimizing the T4 kill %tage.
Adding Pore over the pages doesn't really fit into this build (where you try to minimize the number of dead cards in the first 3 turns). Don't get me wrong, Pore over the pages has a lot of upsides for Arcade Tide. But the fact that it is a dead card in the first 3/4 turns is really annoying, esp in this build. If you want to add more raw power, i'd rather play more Pieces of the Puzzle.

And even if you are not discussing SB in those lists yet, Mental Misstep is the card we board in the most, so going down to 3 copies instead of 4 is a big deal.

-----------------------

I am not a MWC expert, I'll simply suggest that a mix of both Oketraâ??s Monument & Sky Hussar sounds good (given that you don't have to change a lot in your list to abuse Oketraâ??s Monument, it's already good by itself with Hawk / Skyfisher).

-----------------------

I don't really understand some choices in the burn list :
1) Forgotten Cave always felt terrible in burn : tempo loss, awkward with Fireblast. Are the potential upsides really worth it ?
2) If your build includes 3 Manamorphose & 4 Needle Drop (for Thermo-Alchemist shenanigans i guess), please go for Monastery Swiftspear (cutting 2 Skullcrack, 1 Keldon, 1 Fallout).
3) Forked Bolt seems mehh, if you want to go down this road, i'll suggest adding the 4th Searing Blaze. This could make room for another Fireblast or Flame Rift (Flame Rift is really good if you limit yourself to 1-2 copies).

-----------------------

I support the 1x Larger than Life idea in Infect.
Groundswell i a decent card too, but it's really close with Giant Growth.