[Online] Peasant Tournaments - September 2017 Aug 9, 2017, 11:49 PM
zombie33 I've got some vacation in August and this is why i create this topic so early.
I hope we will be more in September than in summer. We need to make our tournament great again !

Google Doc - September Tournament

Enjoy !

last page
stopostit Sep 10, 2017, 11:55 AM @Lorebroker Hey ! I'm available wednesday and after this week for the 8man. (No router at the moment !) See you soon

sinus Sep 10, 2017, 11:46 PM @zerox: I've seen that ;-) I'll be available tomorrow evening, sadly I won't make it the rest of the week. Hope you have time then, otherwise we have to do them the week after...

zeroxceet Sep 11, 2017, 3:03 PM sinu > sounds good around 9 pm

GalacticPresident Sep 11, 2017, 3:07 PM @Lorebroker: I am available today afternoon and evening and tomorrow afternoon. After that I will be away for a week.

sinus Sep 11, 2017, 10:49 PM @all:
zeroxceet and I had kind of a difficult situation tonight, Iâ??m asking for advice, because I donâ??t want things to turn out worse than they are. We had to play 4 8-men-matches and were in the middle of the third match. I asked when the game started and we took a look (we were about 45 minutes in). After this point nobody said anything about time.
The game went on and we exceeded the time limit of one hour. I didnâ??t say anything, was probably slightly behind on board but wanted to play it out. The game went on for several other turns, then my draws got better and I was likely to win the game. At the point where I bounced his Oblivion Ring to get back my 5/5 Fangren Marauder zerox told me we were way over time and his life totals are higher, so he won. After a little discussion he conceded and left the game (and entered a win for me in the Google Doc). I honestly donâ??t know if this can be correct, if nobody calls time.
The thing is that Iâ??m capable of getting a lot of life during extra turns (Pulse of Murasa, Mnemonic Wall, Ghostly Flicker, Mystical Teachings), if I think its necessary, because life totals will decide the game.
Maybe zerox can share his viewpoint here as well. Iâ??d be up for a replay as well - with the correct time limit of one hour plus extra turns.

Manudesbois Sep 11, 2017, 10:50 PM Alpha pool : I don't care about the result since I'm out anyways, but Manau missed our appointment yesterday and suggested tonight but he's not here so... I'm still available to play our remaining games but I won't wait every night on purpose

Lorebroker Sep 11, 2017, 11:05 PM @sinus:
I don't like the more life equals win-rule generally.

@Organizers:
Does it really have to be this way?

zeroxceet Sep 12, 2017, 6:51 AM The fact is that i dont know what you have in hand at 1h but i know that grid is on table since t3. And i had bolt in hand since t1. And There were lots of turns in 10 minutes as i just draw, pass and grid at your turn. And you had no color land before t5.

zeroxceet Sep 12, 2017, 6:55 AM I think brcause i dont have historic that our game 3 start around 50/52 min. Maybe even later. I for got the clock.

GalacticPresident Sep 12, 2017, 9:49 AM @sinus vs zerox:
1. Both of you get a warning because you didn't play to the rules which state that after 60min of play you need to call time and the extraturns start.
2. If both players agree to play the match out even though it takes longer than 60min that's fine, nobody can stop you (I have done that before). Since neither one of you called time at 60min the game should go on until somebody notices, at which point the 5 extraturns start. Since the rules state that life is the tiebreaker after 5 extraturns, these 5 extraturns are very important because the focus of the game will sometimes shift from dealing damage to gaining life. That is why the game can't stop immediately if the players recognize the time limit after 60min.
3. It's also not a mix and match situation. After 60min both players have to decide if they want to play on or not. (Only if both players want to keep playing it is a possibility.) You cannot keep playing and call time as soon as it starts looking bad for you.
4. The life rule is not perfect, but it is simple. There has to be a time limit and we can't have draws in the 8men. If someone has a better suggestion, they are welcome to propose it.

My idea for a fair solution is a rematch. Peasant is a hobby, even though we play somewhat competitively, so it being fun should be a central feature. In order to prevent such kinds of misunderstandings, please play according to the rules. Additionally, if you are playing a control deck, be aware that it can take a long time to win, especially if it's a control mirror of any kind. You have to play at a decent speed starting G1, otherwise it will likely be close, time-wise.
If zombie doesn't have anything to add, I would rule it like this.