16 Men : Elimination direct or not ? Mar 22, 2017, 4:55 PM
zombie33 - The 16 men tournament is actually a double elimination tournament with a 4th place playoff.
- This means we update for each tournament the top 4.
- But they're is a problem : the fourth place is always very slow to end for vatious reasons, but one of them is : the extra match to play for this player (maximum 5 match to play instead of 4)

I suggest to do 16 men tournament with a single elimination like the 8 men.
- It would be a top 3 instead of a top 4.
- With this system playing two new 16-men will be like playing 1 old 16-men but people have more chance to be in top : 0.34 against 0.25
- Tournament will finish faster
- We can do more tournament without increasing the number of game.

last page
Toufmade Mar 23, 2017, 7:54 PM

No change :

Manudesbois
Moldavien
zerox
Toufmade

16 men elimination direct :

GalacticPresident
Papaoursdelux
Vlalutscher

I don't know why Z33 forget my vote.

zombie33 Mar 23, 2017, 8:00 PM

No change :

Manudesbois
Moldavien
zerox
sister
toufmade

GalacticPresident
Papaoursdelux
Vlalutscher

And i don't know why you erase sister's vote !

Lorebroker Mar 24, 2017, 5:51 PM I like the current system a lot more than direct elimination, too.

Problem is availability - would be the same in every system.

Manau Mar 25, 2017, 3:49 PM +1 elimination direct

Bri Mar 25, 2017, 5:55 PM To clarify: I vote for leave everything at it is.

But there should be some deadline(s) for the different steps of the tournament. At least half of the games should be finished by 15th of the month.

Toufmade Mar 26, 2017, 12:06 PM

But there should be some deadline(s) for the different steps of the tournament. At least half of the games should be finished by 15th of the month.

I totaly agree with Bri.

zeroxceet Mar 26, 2017, 4:15 PM No change :

Manudesbois
Moldavien
zerox
sister
toufmade
Lorebroker
Bri

GalacticPresident
Papaoursdelux
Vlalutscher
Manau

zombie33 Mar 26, 2017, 4:20 PM

And if not ?

zombie33 Mar 26, 2017, 5:28 PM - I can't know which player is connected the most (i will not be online as often as the previous month) -> Furthermore, what can i do if it's a tie ?
- I can know which player post message on the forum -> But if both does ?

- What if players are online and post on the forum but never at the same time like Zeroxceet and Abyssal ?

zeroxceet Mar 26, 2017, 6:27 PM in our case, we have one window in the week : tuesday at 16h30 . so we can play our eventually futur match ( like we did this time ) .playing match in advance is not the worst solution but not resolve the entire problem . the first thing to do is to imrpove communication between players , not regarding how to do this . in my case, messenger or phone sms is the better way : i find the PM (with mtg-peasant or magicville) not good , boring and hard to use with my smartphone . and even i dont have the reflex to watch it, i dont remember passwords and so on .

ps : thx zombi for the tip to remember the deck to play in a tournament ( save as " the name of the tournament" ) . now i wont be embarrassed anymore to find the deck whn i start the match LOL