16 Men : Elimination direct or not ? Mar 22, 2017, 4:55 PM
zombie33 - The 16 men tournament is actually a double elimination tournament with a 4th place playoff.
- This means we update for each tournament the top 4.
- But they're is a problem : the fourth place is always very slow to end for vatious reasons, but one of them is : the extra match to play for this player (maximum 5 match to play instead of 4)

I suggest to do 16 men tournament with a single elimination like the 8 men.
- It would be a top 3 instead of a top 4.
- With this system playing two new 16-men will be like playing 1 old 16-men but people have more chance to be in top : 0.34 against 0.25
- Tournament will finish faster
- We can do more tournament without increasing the number of game.

last page
Toufmade Mar 22, 2017, 5:10 PM I like the current (Marsh) system. It could be improve by add a deadline for playing each round (If a match is missing => double elimination).
Because I don't like play only 1 match, and be eliminated.

But there is other solution (For example, the guys who lost the G1 could play in a specific 8men, the winner could be the 4th of the 16men).

zombie33 Mar 22, 2017, 5:10 PM Of course this means, you can be eliminate of a tournament after a single game. But you can instead increase the number of tournament to subscribe.

Bri Mar 22, 2017, 5:16 PM I think this is more of an issue about certain players, who are rarely online and also do not communicate with each other very well. It's hard to "fix" that, but I like the tournaments and how they work for now

zombie33 Mar 22, 2017, 5:19 PM Yes but it's a problem if we are not able to finish 16 men in a month (like march tournament)

GalacticPresident Mar 22, 2017, 5:20 PM I liked the idea of the 4th place playoff but apparently people do not like it enough to play their games. Therefore I am for changing it to single elimination.

Papaoursdelux Mar 22, 2017, 5:25 PM single elimination for me

Vlalutscher Mar 22, 2017, 6:22 PM Same for me as for GalacticPresident here.

Manudesbois Mar 22, 2017, 7:18 PM I don't think it's a problem of "people not wanting to play the 4th place playoff", I think there are communication issues or availability issues and that's all.

I like the current system.

GalacticPresident Mar 23, 2017, 9:24 AM You quote me, yet you don't quote what I actually said. I said people do not want it ENOUGH to play their games in time. It is conspicuous that not even the second round of the "B tournaments" is finished in all 4 tournaments. After more than 3 weeks. Whatever the reason is, I don't see how it should change in the future and I don't want to invest time and effort in the "B tournament" if the chance for it to be finished is that low.

zeroxceet Mar 23, 2017, 10:29 AM it would be easier if we had less communication problems. Messenger, Phone message or something else . we should create a list of that sort of commucation way .
for me you can add me on FB , just ask me in private message i will give you phone number and messenger ID