[developing] Clampless Clamp Apr 15, 2016, 5:04 AM
DonBushForPres I love Kobolds. I don't know why; I just find their existence amusing. I'm trying to build a janky combo deck for them, but with Clamp being banned, it's tough. I'm currently tinkering with a port of a t2 deck I played back around saga block. I'm thinking Ashnod's Altar + Fecundity + kobolds/ornithopter/maybe p. walker. In my testing, it kind of played out like Eggs, where once the engine gets going, there no stopping it. It's getting the combo going, and ending the game I'm struggling with.
Here's what I'm currently playing:
Combo:
4 Ashnod's Altar
4 Fecundity(u)
4 Crimson Kobolds
4 Crookshank Kobolds
4 Kobolds of Kher Keep
4 Ornithopter
4 Reaping the Grave
1 Hunting Pack

Dig:
4 Brainstorm
4 Impulse

Mana:
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Chromatic Sphere
4 Terramorphic Expanse
2 Island
2 Swamp
7 Forest

I'm looking for any sort of input. A faster win con(that turn waiting for the echoing truth my tokens isn't ideal). Better dig: thinking about Commune with the Gods, but that only finds creature and enchantments. Does anyone know of a creature with an ability similar to Ashnods Altar, or a Commune that does artifacts and enchantments.
Welcome to all ideas!

last page
Manudesbois Apr 15, 2016, 8:43 AM I have no experience with this deck but basically I'd say:

It needs more digging or tutoring, why not trying a 3-mana transmute card?
Also do you need several fecundities to combo off? Demonic tutor would be a must have but I guess it's not suitable in that case.

What do you do with all that colorless mana produced by ashnod's altar? No chromatic stars or manamorphose? This would allow you to play your digging cards in chain. Room for preordain or ponder?

Llanowar elves do not seem necessary to me in this deck.