[Online] 2018 Peasant Masters Jan 10, 2019, 10:47 PM
Manudesbois Hello players!

While the new year's tournaments have already started, it is time for me to announce the final tournament concluding the 2018 Mtg-peasant league! This year has been overall less flourishing than the previous year, but the last months have nevertheless been pretty encouraging with numerous 8-men tournaments.

Following this, I will be in charge of managing this final tournament featuring the top 8 players of the league, based on points earned through all Mtg-peasant tournaments.

As a reminder, this tournament is meant to show great play, therefore all matches are mandatorily open to spectators (hands hidden, and spectators not necessarily allowed in the chat (players should agree before playing)) and the only thing to win is honour

Link to the tournament

Tournament Start : Friday, January 18th

People concerned :
1st- zombie33/zomby33
2nd- Manudesbois
3rd- Toufmade
4th- zeroxceet
5th- zebigcoconut
6th- LaCucaracha
7th- Vlalutscher
8th- Lorebroker
9th- Kivan59 (I don't have an answer from Lorebroker at the moment, so if it doesn't change and papaoursdelux doesn't have a deck code ready by then, you will play instead of him)

Tournament rules :
- Play on Rooster Ranges server so anyone can see you play
- Allow spectators, but do not allow them to see hands.
- Whether you allow spectators to chat or not is up to you. If one doesn't want it, then disable it.
- Free choice of deck. Ravnica Allegiance allowed.
- Three full weeks to finish (in order not to disturb the other tourneys and deal with unavailabilities)

Phase 1 : 2 pools of 4 players.
the pools are meant to be balanced, and at the same time to give easier pairings to people with higher rankings in the league.
- 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th(/9th) play together, and 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th
- 1 hour per game + 5 additional turns, donâ??t slow play
- "best of 3" (=>2 games won give you the win)
- The best two players qualify for phase 2
- Who starts is decided by the toss
- Tie breakers :
1) games won - games lost
2) games won (counting only games between tied players) - games lost (counting only games between tied players)
3) in case there is a perfect tie between players (ex: A1 2-0 A2, A2 2-0 A3, A3 2-0 A1, and all three win 2-0 vs A4), I will decide what to do. I think the quicker is the best, so 1 additional game with sideboard between tied players, adding up to the score until there is no tie. If it takes too long, I will find another way.

Phase 2 : Semi-finals and finals (and optional 3rd place match)
- No draw, so unlimited time but donâ??t abuse
- the 1st of pool A (respectively pool B) plays against the 2nd of pool B (resp. pool A) and chooses who plays first.

----------------------

Share your Hash + Send list to papaoursdelux

Please players, now start sharing your deck hash codes, which can be modified until your first game. We will then lock the cells so it is not modified afterwards. Please make sure your deck is valid (Valideck + Ultimate Masters + Ravnica Allegiance). I asked papaoursdelux to gather all lists in advance - they won't be revealed (maybe archetype if most people prefer it so => see below)

----------------------

PS: Last year I saw the decklists and deduced the deck's archetype and shared the name to everyone before starting the tournament, as most people agreed that sharing just the name was OK, in order not to give an advantage to players being able to watch their opponents playing before (last year was "MGA", "RDW", "Tron", "Wellspring" : trying to be as vague as possible). I'm not sure to use this system this time, so I'm asking players what they prefer.

--------------------

Thank you! And enjoy the matches

last page
Toufmade Jan 30, 2019, 8:39 PM

I'm quite confused with the "MBC" naming, this is one of the reasons why I didn't want to share the deck names. This naming doesn't say anything about the decklist, while "Ghostly Tide" says everything.

It's the difference between a fox and a cat

Manudesbois Feb 2, 2019, 3:42 PM

3) in case there is a perfect tie between players (ex: A1 2-0 A2, A2 2-0 A3, A3 2-0 A1, and all three win 2-0 vs A4), I will decide what to do. I think the quicker is the best, so 1 additional game with sideboard between tied players, adding up to the score until there is no tie. If it takes too long, I will find another way.

What had to happen happened, so Kivan59 and zebigcoconut, you will play one more game to decide who makes it to the semi-final. I insist: 1 game and not 1 match, and that game will be played with sideboard, because now that you have faced each other, I think it's more interesting to test sideboarding skills

zombie33 Feb 6, 2019, 11:55 PM Zombie33 1 - 3 LaCucaracha

Kivan59 Feb 7, 2019, 9:56 PM Toufmade 3 - Kivan 59 0

Manudesbois Feb 7, 2019, 10:18 PM Thanks guys Well played

Toufmade Feb 8, 2019, 6:03 PM Lacucaracha (Burn) 1 - 3 Toufmade (Ghostly Tide)

Ghostly Tide
Burn

zombie33 Feb 8, 2019, 6:21 PM 4 Quirion Ranger
4 Nettle Sentinel
2 Lys Alana Huntmaster
3 Llanowar Elves
4 Lead the Stampede
2 Might of the Masses
1 Imperious Perfect
2 Fyndhorn Elves
14 Forest
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Elvish Vanguard
3 Elvish Mystic
4 Birchlore Rangers
1 Taunting Elf
3 Wirewood Symbiote
1 Wirewood Herald
4 Timberwatch Elf
SB: 1 Faerie Macabre
SB: 1 Entourage of Trest
SB: 1 Wickerbough Elder
SB: 1 Claws of Wirewood
SB: 1 Wirewood Herald
SB: 2 Wellwisher
SB: 2 Viridian Longbow
SB: 2 Spidersilk Armor
SB: 1 Scattershot Archer
SB: 1 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 1 Reclamation Sage
SB: 1 Flaring Pain

Manudesbois Feb 9, 2019, 9:03 AM We're only missing Kivan's list, papaoursdelux do you have it? Or else Kivan

Papaoursdelux Feb 9, 2019, 9:23 AM Kivan's list:

4 [M11] Preordain
2 [IA] Snow-Covered Mountain
3 [C16] Ash Barrens
3 [M14] Young Pyromancer
1 [FD] Magma Jet
3 [AP] Fire / Ice
2 [KTK] Swiftwater Cliffs
3 [IN] Exclude
2 [] Crackling Drake
2 [] Devious Cover-Up
2 [OD] Firebolt