Archetypes Jul 25, 2017, 10:13 PM
Lorebroker Some things I observed:

There is a Shamans deck in the "Other" category which belongs to Taiga.

In the "Black Hand" archetype section is an RG Pez Post-deck...

We had a few high Dinrova Tron finishes lately and some Teachings.
To me these are two quite different archetypes. Could we have a Tron-Control archetype similar to the old 8-Post-Decks? To me it is not the same as Ux-Control where Teachings indeed belong.

In the "Other" category are some Selesnya-Decks (Rallier and Musha). Why does GW Control get an own archetype and those not?

Those old "Moosebite"-decks from yesteryear listed in "Other" - aren't those Rock decks??

last page
Manudesbois Jul 26, 2017, 1:48 PM

In the "Black Hand" archetype section is an RG Pez Post-deck...

I've put it in Other. However I would rename the Razi Ramp section to Ramp in order to put that kind of decks in it and any green deck focussing on ramp spells/creatures.

Manudesbois Jul 26, 2017, 1:52 PM

There is a Shamans deck in the "Other" category which belongs to Taiga.

Changed too.

We had a few high Dinrova Tron finishes lately and some Teachings.
To me these are two quite different archetypes. Could we have a Tron-Control archetype similar to the old 8-Post-Decks? To me it is not the same as Ux-Control where Teachings indeed belong.

I don't know, and only max can change archetypes.

In the "Other" category are some Selesnya-Decks (Rallier and Musha). Why does GW Control get an own archetype and those not?

Well there are not enough of them I suppose.

Those old "Moosebite"-decks from yesteryear listed in "Other" - aren't those Rock decks??

I'd say yes, but I know points of view differ regarding how to classify decks...

zombie33 Jul 26, 2017, 2:14 PM

However I would rename the Razi Ramp section to Ramp in order to put that kind of decks in it and any green deck focussing on ramp spells/creatures.

The razi ramp archetype is in fact the section for all ramp deck (we can't rename the section)
The mnemonic dinrova ghostly tron.deck mustn't be considered as a ramp deck in any case.

Lorebroker Jul 26, 2017, 4:12 PM I never said Dinrova Tron is a ramp deck! O.o

But to me it is quite different from the other Ux-Control decks. Like Izzet-Post was in the past. I think it deserves its own archetype. (Don't put it to the Razi-Ramp decks!)

zombie33 Jul 26, 2017, 5:27 PM Yes i'm sure he deserve a category, but for now it's in Ux Control

Lorebroker Aug 20, 2017, 9:16 PM Now you put the latest winning Dinrova Tron deck by Bri into the old Post-Control category which I appreciate.
Therefore ALL Dinrova Tron decks should be listed there.

zombie33 Aug 21, 2017, 1:11 AM I don't know who did it

zombie33 Aug 21, 2017, 1:38 AM I think on one hand it's a nice idea because the deck are similar but in the other hand it could be disturbing and confusing (mostly for new players) to see in our archetypes the name post control...

If we can change the name I will be agree... But which name?
In fact some Ub teaching are very similar to Ur post too

Manudesbois Aug 21, 2017, 8:44 AM What do you mean they are very similar? If it's only because they are slow control decks with blue to counter or flicker-wall, then Ux control seems pretty appropriate. If it's because they have big lands then why not saying "big lands control"? This would include all tron or post control decks that do not try to ramp.

Besides, the eldrazi ramp decks could be renamed to just ramp, so that the rest could fit, no matter whether they play eldrazis or not.

Bri Aug 21, 2017, 7:30 PM In fact I was it myself, but more because I was tired, when I did it...
But yeah, giving this category a new name seems appropriate to me