Left Magic in Mirrodin and want to come back in. Help? Oct 2, 2015, 11:23 PM
HappyAccidents My title tells the tail. Both in paper and online, I want to get back into Magic and I want to get into Peasant, particularly for YouTube videos of the game. But I know the game has changed a lot since Mirrodin block. I've always loved the concept of Peasant as a format played because it's so accessible but now I need a bit of help understanding what to do again. Any resources would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

last page
zombie33 Oct 2, 2015, 11:48 PM Welcome to mtgpeasant HappyAccidents

First where do you from ? Maybe we could introduce you to some neighboors playing Peasant magic.
If you didn't have opponent to play with you, you have two choices :
- Be a Peasant Leader and try to start a community (difficult task but not impossible if you have time)
- Join our online tournament on Cockatrice (in any case, this is good point to makes videos...)

You can download the software here
And register your pseudo here

Max2070 write a beautiful article in French about Cockatrice, maybe he can give you some link in English or in your native langage.

HappyAccidents Oct 3, 2015, 12:18 AM I'm from America. Live in the south but grew up most of my life in the Northeast. Back when I played, I was very interested in Peasant and wanted to play the style. But no one else did and I suspect now here where I am, the players here are going to be more interested in other formats. But then again, I did find touch rugby here, so...

I digress.

I'm trying to find players to play against on the main Cockatrice server on Woodgerworks but I can't find anyone hosting a game that's okay with a beginner or playing peasant. Heck, peasant isn't even an option for me in the create game UI. Just pauper.

I'd love to see the article in French. I might be able to google translate much of it. TIA.

zombie33 Oct 3, 2015, 9:24 AM -> Article

I know one player from California : Pyro

Check the online tournament topic and look at the list of players of each one.
You can add everybody on your buddy list and i'm sure everyone will be ok to play peasant with you.

Max2070 Oct 3, 2015, 11:40 AM Hi HappyAccidents !!

If you want to play peasant on cockatrice, you must have a big buddy list (an ask them if they are available to play) !! you can add every player from here and here. You can also join the tournaments we organize on this forum

In order to find open games in peasant, set your main filter on the keyword 'pea' (tab main > button filter bellow the game list), there is often 1 or two games open, but if you create one with 'peasant testing' in title, some guys will show up

anyway the best way to play and make contact with other player is online tournament.

Basti Oct 3, 2015, 6:39 PM yeah, you need to build up a buddy list on cockatrice. after that, it is easy to find opponents.

you can start to add e.g. these people to you buddy list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z8RTt1Moxl-W9j1Rp4tlQwWiV38XzRkL0FVDuCgeJuM/edit?pli=1#gid=0

However, since you are from the americas it could be a little more tricky to find european opponents, becauce of the time zones.

HappyAccidents Oct 4, 2015, 3:38 PM Thanks for your help all. I will be adding players and getting my feet wet in Cockatrice starting this week. Thanks all!

charlee Oct 6, 2015, 1:29 AM Tell us what's your nickname on cocka !
Think it could be Happybflip, which can lead to a HappyAccident, but not sure

purplepat69 Oct 13, 2015, 8:59 PM Happy -

I'd love to play online Peasant with you. I live in the Cincinnati, OH area, so we are probably both in the Eastern time zone. I don't know anything about Cockatrice so I guess I'll have to get that set up on my PC and figure it out.

I've played Peasant casually for years, though I don't actually play much lacking live opponents and the time (being an adult, father, etc.). Love building decks, was multitasking here at work doing my job and working on my next Peasant deck. You can email me at peytonbarclay@yahoo.com and we can talk about getting stuff set up and working so we can at least play against each other.