Build a diverse IRL metagame May 10, 2017, 12:01 AM
B4L4 Hello there ;-)

I am building a few peasant decks IRL, hoping to make some players join the format at my LGS.

So far, I have :
Infect (mono-G)
Heroic
MBD
Wind-Faeries
Atog-Affinity
Burn
Warriors-Elves
Arcade Tide

I am planning to add a few more decks. I am pretty sold on Wellspring. But I need your feedback for the remaining 3/4 decks. I want to have an IRL pool that look like a balanced format (in terms of raw power, archetypes, color-pie, pleasure to play, etc...). Seems that control & to a lesser extend midrange decks are lacking here. Any suggestions ? I dislike Thopter (personal taste), but I guess it should join the list. Anything else ? MWC ? Red Aggro ? Teachings ? Ivy comob ?

Trying to classify current decks :
Aggro-Combo-ish (4) : Infect, Heroic, Warriors-Elves, Burn (No new decks should join the category)
Midrange (2) : MBD, Atog-Affinity
Tempo (1) : Wind-Fearies
Combo (1) : Arcane Tide
Control (0) :

Blue : 220
Green : 215
Red : 160
Black : 105
White : 100

last page
GalacticPresident May 10, 2017, 11:26 AM - Wellspring is a good choice for sure.
- To add yet another white deck I would either add MWC or one of the upcoming GW Midrange/Control decks (http://mtg-peasant.com/top8/588/2/).
- As another black deck of choice I always enjoy UB Rack as it brings another angle of gameplay to the table. Another black control deck would be TE, always exciting and skillful.
- I like Tron as well, Ramp is a cool strategy that you don't have yet and the deck is powerful and there is room for brewing/improvements.
- Thopter is a big part of the peasant metagame, if you want a replacement combo deck in your pool besides Arcane Tide, I would go for Jace's Top or Ivy combo. 2 Combo decks would be a good number I think.
- Same with Tempo. Blue and Green are the most prominent colors so far but if your meta can take some more UG after the last additions, UG Madness is the best Tempo deck besides Faeries if you want another one of that archetype.

B4L4 May 10, 2017, 11:44 AM That's a lot of good suggestions, thanks.

I'll post an updated meta in a few days after other suggestions & some brainstorming.

pradash May 10, 2017, 12:34 PM I don't see any reanimator deck in the list :{

zeroxceet May 10, 2017, 9:59 PM Rise from the tide
Ug madness
Smallpox
And the Nice ur enigma Drake