[Online] Cockatrice Tournament - 2015-10-03 Sep 22, 2015, 8:13 PM
zombie33 Software : Cockatrice !
Beginning : Saturday 3rd October
Approximative duration : 1 week (first phase) + 1 week (final phase)

Tournament's rules / advices :

- Each player must have an account on Woogerworks. Please register, before the beginning of the tournament. (if you disconnect without having an account, it's game lost)
- You can't let spectators see yours hands (in game configuration). Indeed some cheat is possible in that way.
- Add all the players of the tournament, on your buddy list.
- We play peasant, be cool with your opponent, we are not at the world magic cup

How does it go ? :

- Match duration : 1 hour on cockatrice timer + 5 additional turn.
- It's an international tournament so, everybody must speak english on this topic.
- You subscribe by putting your cockatrice nickname with the hash of your deck on the google document. How can i find my hash ?
- Your opponent's list will be on the Google Doc. You can used this topic to fix a meeting for your game.
- After each game, results must be write on the Google document and on this topic.
- The final step is a pool composed of the 8 best players of the first phase.

GOOGLE DOC : INSCRIPTION, RESULTS AND PAIRING

NOTA : Battle of Zendikar is authorised for this tournament

We hope to read some report after the end of the tournament and don't forget to give your decklist at the end of the tournament if you are on the final phase.

Good luck everyone and enjoy your tournament !

last page
Schmonkus Oct 21, 2015, 12:54 PM Here is my list

4 Great Furnace
4 Tree of Tails
4 Ancient Den
4 Vault of Whispers
4 Seat of the Synod
1 Darksteel Citadel
4 Frogmite
4 Flayer Husk
4 Myr Enforcer
3 Krark-Klan Shaman
4 Thoughtcast
2 Duress
1 Lightning Bolt
4 Galvanic Blast
2 Thopter Foundry
1 Sword of the Meek
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Ghirapur Aether grid
2 Artificier's Epiphany
4 Prophetic Prism
3 Chromatic Star
SB: 4 Faerie Macabre
SB: 3 Pyroblast
SB: 1 Ancient Grudge
SB: 2 Nature's Claim
SB: 2 Hydroblast
SB: 2 Circle of Protection: Green
SB: 1 Duress
(For Komodo and Manudesbois:
1 Germ
Maaaaaaaaaany Thopters XD)

Max2070 Oct 22, 2015, 7:02 PM 4 Azorius Chancery
3 Dimir Aqueduct
6 Island
2 Mnemonic Wall
4 Cloud of Faeries
4 Nightscape Familiar
3 Sunscape Familiar
2 Ghostly Flicker
4 Snap
2 Deep Analysis
3 Compulsive Research
3 Mental Misstep
4 Mulldrifter
2 Terramorphic Expanse
1 Plains
1 Swamp
2 Demonic Tutor
2 Dismal Backwater
1 Tranquil Cove
4 Preordain
1 Capsize
3 Lone Missionary
SB: 3 Standard Bearer
SB: 1 One-Eyed Scarecrow
SB: 2 Kor Sanctifiers
SB: 2 Condescend
SB: 2 Offering to Asha
SB: 2 Shattering Blow
SB: 2 Temple Acolyte
SB: 1 Deep Analysis

Vlalutscher Oct 23, 2015, 10:33 AM Could you please explain the ruling for publishing decks?
It has been one deck for every forth participant, but I don't know to what it was changed.
Having a positive rate over all matches seems to be necessary.
Looking at the table of decks, the ratio looks a bit strange.
Last two online tournaments: 4/21 & 5/28
Last paper tournaments: 2/8, 3/11, 2/6, 2/7, 2/8 & 4/12(!?)
Does the rule only affect our tourney?
I don't mind, that I was the first one who didn't make the cut in both tourneys.
So my deck still stays quite unknown, but it would be fine to know how to make the cut next time maybe.

Manudesbois Oct 23, 2015, 12:01 PM According to the rule we had chosen there should be 6 people, but it looks like max becomes more demanding...

Vlalutscher Oct 25, 2015, 1:28 PM According to which rule? That is the question.

Lorebroker Oct 25, 2015, 10:21 PM I believe there were thresholds of number of participants. If those were met another deck would be published. In addition there were cases of tourneys were two players had the same result resulting in an additional published list.
This tourney there should be more than four decks as it was in the past.

But I agree. It would be nice if those thresholds were open information!

Manudesbois Oct 26, 2015, 9:41 AM The rule was 1/4 of the players, rounded up, and maximum of 8. I think what is considered now by some people who post the results is more the number of wins and losses, in an informal way, than the exact position of a player.

Lorebroker Oct 26, 2015, 5:56 PM But then in a two-phase tourney the number of wins and losses in a final pod should be another value than in a single-phase tourney for obvious reasons!

Manudesbois Oct 26, 2015, 6:05 PM What I believe is that in the latest online tourneys, the cut was made between the players having 9 points in the final phase and the ones having less than 9 (I don't have the results in front to check, I can't see the doc from where I am).

Max2070 Oct 26, 2015, 9:16 PM I have to update the explanation on the page where we submit top 8 (for a long time now ...). I report what I call the 'significant top'. I'm concern by the number of point the participant have. For instance if there are 3 guys at the 1st rank with 9 pts in a tournament of 8 players. I find completely stupid to put only the two first one just by applying the '1/4 rules'.

So in every tournament, you got a number of point's treshold the players got. For instance the two last tournaments :

September :

Treshold 1 - 15 pts : GalacticPresident
Treshold 2 - 12 pts : Papaoursdelux, Bobelou19
Treshold 3 - 9 pts : Charlee, Max2070
Treshold 4 - 6 pts : Vlalutscher, Manudesbois
Treshold 6 - 3 pts : Bri

October :

Treshold 1 - 16 pts : Max2070
Treshold 2 - 13 pts : komodo
Treshold 3 - 12 pts : willow
Treshold 4 - 9 pts : Papaoursdelux
Treshold 5 - 6 pts : luka_93, Schmonkus, Vlalutscher
Treshold 6 - 3 pts : Bri

The first rule is I never cut in a middle of a treshold because I assume that all player with the same amount of point deserve the same treatment.

The second rule is basic => you must have a good score to appears in top 8, this rule is not a rigourous one but we can easily define together what is a good score and what is not in order to be on the same page.

for the decisions I took we can observe the results of the guys at 6 points for instance Vlalutscher :

September : 5-5 in overall and 2-4 in final pool
October : 4-5 in overall and 2-4 in final pool

those results are not even positives, I'm open to discuss the % of win which make a result a good one or another system ...