Peasant : alternative ban list against comity choices Jul 26, 2015, 10:25 AM
AbyssalEasley Hello every body.

The franco-german comity has modified the ban list for peasant. The purpose was to weaken delverdecks, U-x control decks and combos decks to help aggro decks to live. It's a good think but the choices made are bad.

The comity has not made its choice on the base of real metagame and decks played, but on the base of its playtests regardless the witches of the comunity and decks really played. And those bans kills litterally a lot of archetypes that where not powerfull but where played and interesting.

I don't think that totally invalidate decks is not a good choice for a non-official format, players that have paid cards to make a deck must be abble to use their deck. Killing delver decks or storm wad very too much, the only thing we reclaimed was to weak their power not to kill them and killing lots of decks that used some cards banned to do this in collateral damages.

That's why i propose another ban list to the community, ban list more Modern in its spirit, who targets support cards of those "too powerfull" decks to limit their power without killing them. After all, this format is non official, so we decide what we play. To facilitate parties on the net or irl with unknown people, we just have to apply a generic ban list we can adaptate to a player group.

I call this banlist "FrenchPeasant"... besause i have not other idea of quick name for tags on cockatrice games but all suggests for another name or cards to add ou unban are accepted.
Oh yes, another thing : to have a serious format, keeping bons on price is very bad. So all cards banned for their price are allowed here, if you have them be happy to play them, if it appears their are really too powerfull their can be banned in few time.

Are banned : ante cards de mise, plane, phenomens, conspiracies and other cards banned in Vintage, and :
Force of Will (unco)
Mental Misstep (unco) [--> perfect protection of delvers of secrets played turn 1]
Brain Freeze (unco)
Temporal fissure (common)
Ghostly Flicker (common) [--> too powerfull "many infinite combos in the same deck" card]
Frantic search (common)
Preordain (common) [--> best cantrip that don't need sufflet effect, banned to weak delver, combo and control]
Treasure cruise (common)
Berserk (unco) [--> unban it make infect too powerfull]
Tendrils of Agony (unco)
Cabal Ritual (common) [--> weak mana for storm, weak ramps decks]
Rite of flame (common) [--> weak mana for storm, weak ramps decks]
Seething song (common) [--> weak mana for storm, weak ramps decks]
Empty the warrens (common)
Atog (common) [only powerfull atog common, too powerfull in affinity-artifacts decks]
Cranial Plating (common)
Sol Ring (unco)
Skullclamp (unco)
Strip Mine (unco)

last page