[Online] 2016 Peasant Play-Offs Jan 8, 2017, 8:53 PM
Manudesbois Following the idea of sister morphine (here ) , I suggest to the top 8 players of 2016â??s league to take part in a special tournament only between them.

The aim is to make the league more appealing for players, by giving access to a tournament between the best at the end of the year. Also, it is interesting for spectators to watch the best players of the year play together.

So people of the top 8 (rankings here ), please register in the following doc :

2016 Peasant Play-Offs

If you are not available or do not wish to play for any reason, please notice me, and the 9th player will take your seat (and so on). If I have no answer, it will be automatic.

Since there is no perfect way to choose which system to use, sorry for those who donâ??t like it or would have preferred it some other way. Here is what I came with for the details :
- Allow spectators, but do not allow them to see hands or to chat
- Play with the new banlist
- Aether revolt allowed
- Free choice of deck, give hash as usual
- One full month to finish (in order not to disturb the other tourneys and to deal with unavailabilities)

Phase 1 : the pools are meant to be balanced, and at the same time to give easier pairings to people with higher rankings in the league.
- 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th play together, and 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th.
- 1 hour per game, donâ??t slow play
- The winner of each pool accesses to phase 2
- Tie breakers : 1) game wins â?? game losses (all matches included)
2) game wins â?? game losses (counting only matches between tied players)
3) play again against tied opponents (1 game only, pre-sideboard)

Phase 2 :
- No draw, so unlimited time but donâ??t abuse

last page
Manudesbois Jan 8, 2017, 8:58 PM Start date : after the end of the pool tournament of January. By this time, I should have the answer of the 8 players, and checked the 9th and 10th in case we need replacements.

B4L4 Jan 8, 2017, 10:04 PM Thanks

Max2070 Jan 9, 2017, 6:14 PM what are the different dates ?

Manudesbois Jan 10, 2017, 2:19 PM Let's say 3 weeks from saturday january 14th to saturday february 4th to play the pool matches, and 1 week for the finals.
You can play at any time, but just keep the spectators allowed
(and posting here when you play the games could be nice too)

Manudesbois Jan 10, 2017, 2:24 PM You can play in advance if you want, but it is not necessary. The pairings are done, just don't forget to post your hashcode. Thanks to all of you for participating

zombie33 Jan 10, 2017, 6:15 PM council vs other

B4L4 Jan 10, 2017, 6:52 PM Shall we store replays of the games ?

Manudesbois Jan 10, 2017, 7:01 PM Not necessary, but if you are ok doing it why not!

Manudesbois Jan 10, 2017, 7:02 PM We could put them on mtg-peasant youtube channel if that's ok

zombie33 Jan 10, 2017, 7:14 PM I don't know how to do it, but i can put any video of a regular format on the channel if someone do it.